Saturday, September 29, 2012

ROTTEN FRUIT

This morning and the last few mornings as I pray, I'm really feeling Yeshua emphasizing how important it is to be born again. We believers tend to take this for granted, and I personally know many 'Christians' who profess to be born again, but I don't believe have any idea what that really means. Their fruit is definitely rotten. Are we guaranteed entrance into Heaven if we believe in Yeshua, but aren't doing our best to live in His image and likeness every single day? If we simply go to a church, follow rituals or traditions, give to charities, read our Bibles sometimes, does this mean we are going to Heaven? I dare say, and this is not my opinion, that we are not! As serious as this may sound, the Word explicitly tells us we 'must be born again to enter Heaven'. So I ask you. What does this mean? The Word also tells us if we profess with our lips but our hearts are far from Him, we are not living in the Holy Spirit.  We must look at our fruit! By this, I mean simply, what are you like to be around? Are you constantly negative? Demeaning? Do you pass guilt on to others? Condemnation? Are you bitter about things that have happened to you in your life? Do you harbor unforgiveness all the time for wrongs committed you? Are you bitter about anything? Prideful? Do you carry that with you in every conversation? Are you always regretting past decisions, mistakes, or choices, and bringing into your everyday dealings with others? Because if you do any of these things, your fruit is rotten, and you are not walking with the Holy Spirit living inside of you, which means you are not born again. Think about how people react to you. Are you someone that people want to be around? Spend time with ? Or are you alone much of the time, feeling as if you are removed from relationships? What does your fruit look like? We are called to be uplifting or edifying, joyful, full of love and compassion and mercy, and doing our utmost to lift others up. So if people are walking away from you feeling the opposite, you have to ask yourself seriously, what I am not seeing? Let us all examine our consciences and ask the Holy Spirit to tell us how we are perceived by others, and whether we have good fruit, or whether our fruit is rotten and infecting others we spend time with. Being born again is a decision, and it must be made every day, and in every moment. We are the ones who chose to walk in light and not darkness. It will never be forced on us. This is so important. Please be in prayer and ask yourself and the Holy Spirit, what is my affect on others? Am I bringing them Yeshua and the Kingdom? Or am I bringing them darkness and death through my words, actions, attitudes, or deeds. It matters more than you may think, the answer to this question. Yeshua needs those who walk in love and humility for these end times, producing good fruit, and carrying His light. Will you ensure you are one of the chosen?

Isaiah 29:13

King James Version (KJV)
13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

John 3:3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.


Matthew 7:16

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?


Matthew 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen